Eerie events and haunted happenings
This list is provided as a courtesy to Graffiti readers. Readers are strongly encouraged to contact the event prior to going as Graffiti is not responsible for cancellations or misinformation.
– 11th annual Halloween Metal Massacre at The Dojo, Saturday, October 29; $15 in advance, $20 at the door; gates open 2 p.m. til ?; primitive camping and concessions available. Featuring: Reaper OV Sules, Downcast, Banter, I Killed Medusa, The Horsemen, The Key, Grandma’s Kitchen, Black Lung Prophecies, Cosovo, Jerk Alert, Motion Theater, Of Existence, Fifth Column, Plagues of Man, Neighborhood Snakes. For more information, contact Ninja Tom at (304) 677-8232. From Morgantown: Take I-79 south to Exit 146 Goshen Road. Make a right turn at the bottom of the exit Go to stop sign. Left turn onto Smithtown Road for 3.8 miles. Turn right onto Opekiska Road and bear left. The destination is one mile on the right-hand side.
– “Welcome to the Mad House” Belly Dance Spooktacular; Presented by Samadhi Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Troupe, Saturday, Oct. 22 at 10 p.m.; The Pour House Bar & Grill, 4030 Washington St., West Charleston (off the Dunbar exit); $5 cover; Belly dancer troupes and soloists from all over the state join together to dance at Samadhi’s 7th annual Halloween event. For more information, visit “http://www.wvbellydance.com”>www.wvbellydance.com.
– SpeakEasy Singles is having their annual Halloween Party-Dance on Sat., Oct. 29 at WV State University – Wilson Student Union at Institute. Members $8, non-members $10. Snacks included with admission and non-alcoholic drinks for $1. Join singles from all over the Tri-State area. Prizes awarded for costumes. For more information, visit www.speakeasysingles.com.
– The Collis P. Huntington Railroad Historical Society and Murder and Merriment present Interactive Murder Mystery Theatre, October 14, 15, 21 and 22, 7 p.m.; Heritage Station, Huntington.
– Dark Moon Sanctuary Haunted House, Kanawha Players Theater 309 Beauregard St. Charleston; cost is $8, $1 off with canned food donation. Oct. 13, 14, 15, 20, 21
– Greyskull Manor, South Fairmont, Middletown Mall; Oct. 13, 16, 20, 23, 24, and 27 from 7 to 10 p.m.; Oct. 14, 15, 21, 22, 28-31, 7 to midnight. Adults $13, children under 10 are $10; proceeds to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; For information, call (304) 623-9184.
– The Asylum presents “Bedlam,” 71 Asylum Dr., Weston; Open Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, dark to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday, dark to midnight, starting Sept. 30 through Oct. 31; $16 general admission, $25 VIP. For more information, visit www.theasylumwv.com.
– The WV Frightening, Baileysville; every weekend in October from dark to midnight; tickets $8; For more information call (304) 923-7548 or search on Facebook.
– Jackson County Haunted Trail, 8 to 11 p.m., Oct. 28 and 29, Jackson County Fairgrounds, Cottageville; $3 to $5; jacksoncountyhauntedtrail.com.
– Agony Acres, 1025 Levels Rd., Fairmont; open Friday and Saturday, Oct. 15 through 30 from 7 to 10 p.m.; admission $8. Visit www.agonyacreshaunt.com.
– Fright Nights at the Resort at Glade Springs, 255 Resort Dr., Daniels; (866) 562-8054 or www.gladesprings.com.
– Haunted Parkersburg ghost tours, Fridays and Saturdays, Sept. 23 through Nov. 5; tours begin at the Blennerhassett Hotel, 4th and Market streets at 7:30; adults $10, seniors and students $8, children 13 and under $5 – not recommended for children under 6. Contact Susan Sheppard at (304) 428-7978 or visit www.hauntedparkersburg.com.
– 8th annual WV Interstate Fair and Exposition Halloween Fun Night; Saturday, Oct. 22, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.; games and contests, hay ride, food, haunted barn; admission $2 for adults, $1 for children; 2230 Butcher Bend Rd., Mineral Wells; (304) 489-1301 or wvinterstatefair.org.
– Doctor Dekay’s House of Screams presents “Zombie,” Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 8 through 29 from 7 to 11 p.m.; $10; Camp Arrowhead in Ona; doctordekayshouseofscreams.com.
– Dungeon of Horrors at the West Virginia Penitentiary; 818 Jefferson Ave., Moundsville, Sept. 30 through Oct. 31; tickets $15 to $20; visit www.wvpentours.com for tickets and more information.
– Tales of Suspense, October 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m.; Paramount Arts Center, Ashland, Ky. Get into the Halloween spirit with this chilling performance of scary one-act plays. From ghosts to mysteries, these short plays will keep you on the edge of your seats the entire evening.
– USS Nightmare, “America’s Premier Haunted Steamboat,” Newport, Ky.; www.ussnightmare.com.
– The Corn Maze at Kelley Farms, 6483 Old Richmond Rd., Lexington, Ky., www.lexingtoncornmaze.com.
– Ghost trek walking tours of historic and haunted downtown Marietta, through Halloween; Fridays and Saturdays; 8 p.m. $10 adults, $7 children 12 and under; Marietta, Ohio; www.hiddenmarietta.com or (740) 629-1805.
– Wells Township Haunted House, Brilliant, Ohio, Fridays and Saturdays, Sept. 30 through Oct. 29. For tickets, visit www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com.
– Haunted Hills Estate Halloween Adventures, 236 Rolling Hills Estate Rd., Uniontown, Pa.; Sept. 23 through Nov. 5; 7 to 10 p.m. on Sundays and select Thursdays, 7 to 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays; tickets from $14 to $25; hauntedhillsestates.com.
– Fright Farm, 2043 Springhill Furnace Rd., Smithfield, Pa.; Sept. 23, 24 and 30, dusk to midnight; Fridays and Saturdays in October and Sunday, Oct. 30, dusk to midnight; Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, dusk to 10 p.m. Visit richfarms.com/frightfarm for more information.
– Field of Screams, 3493 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, Pa.; Ticket booth open Fridays and Saturdays in October from 6 to 10 p.m.; Sundays and Halloween night, 6 to 9 p.m. Ticket prices vary for the different attractions; For more information or to purchase tickets, www.fieldofscreams.com or (717) 285-7748.
– The Demon House, 417 Coyle Curtain Rd., Monongahela, Pa.; www.demonhouse.com.
– Hundred Acres Manor, South Park, Pa., Fridays and Saturdays in September beginning Sept. 16; Every day in October except Oct. 3-4, 10-11, 17-18 and 31. Ticket office opens at 7 p.m.; For more information, hundredacresmanor.com.
– Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pa.; open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October, beginning Oct. 7. Also open Monday, Oct. 31. www.castleblood.com.
– Haunted Sunrise at Maryland Sunrise Farm, 100 Dairy Lane, Gambrills, Md.; open Fridays and Saturdays in October; www.hauntedsunrise.com.
– Creekside Manor, 11759 Snug Harbor Lane, Williamsport, Md.; $14, open beginning Sept. 24; www.creeksidemanor.com.
– Dark Wood Manor presents Vampire Witherspoon Brothers Undead Necromancer Show; Luray, Va.; starting Sept. 30, 7 to 11 and then weekend nights in October, 7 to 11 Fridays and Saturdays, Sundays (beginning Oct. 9) from 7 to 10 p.m. and Oct. 31, 7 to 10 p.m.; tickets are $10 or $20 for VIP fast pass. For more information, www.darkwoodmanor.net.