Get your motor running: Bike-friendly events
All events are current as of Aug. 22. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Readers are advised to contact the sponsor of the event to confirm details.
– Fire in the Hole Ride and Rally, Lebanon, Va. –10547 Moccasin Valley Road; Music, food and drink, vendors, bike show, car and truck show, exotic dancers, couples “lapdance” tournament, bikini contest, bike rodeos, dirt drags, tattoo contest, wet T-shirt and more. (276) 701-7000 or fireinthehole.org.
– Ballard Bike Rally, Barlow, Ky. — 2170 Wayside Inn Road; fun, food, entertainment, poker run; Contact (270) 334-3620 or visit ballardbikerally.com.
– 25th Anniversary Easyriders 2011 Grand Nationals Rodeo and Rally, Chillicothe, Ohio — Ross Co Fairgrounds, Hwy 35 and Rt 104 North, 18+ only, gates open noon Thursday. Saturday events include Charlie Hunnam (JAX) from Sons of Anarchy show, Kentucky Headhunters, ride-in bike show, exhibits, dyno drags, trophy girl contest, bar stool races, used parts corral, camping, food and drink. For more information: (800) 962-9857 or www.EasyridersEvents.com.
– ABATE of Maryland Mid-Shore Chapter Annual Labor Day Party, Centreville, Md. –Queen Anne’s County 4-H Park; rain or shine; music and drink, food, bike show, games, tattoo artist, vendors. Contact Midshoreabate.com or (410) 714-0831.
– Thunder on the Lake, Conneaut Lake, Pa. — Rt. 618; Music, food, bike show, wet t-shirt contest, raffle for Robbie Knievel’s custom chopper. Contact (814) 382-9593 or www.thunderonthelake.org.
– Southern Cruisers Riding Club presents the third annual Ride for Sight, Huntington — 63 West Thurd Ave.; Ride to benefit Cabell-Wayne Association of the Blind Services Division. Registration at 9:30 a.m., ride begins at 11 a.m.; Cost is $15/single, $20/double. Contact (304) 522-6991.
– Motorcycle Poker Run for Multiple Sclerosis, Pittsburgh, Pa. –3801 Clairton Blvd.; 100 miles through the scenic back roads of southwest Pennsylvania. Buffet, music, prizes and cash bar. Proceeds benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Service Society Div. of UCP/CLASS. Donation $25/$15 passenger. Contact (412) 539-1090 or www.mspittsburgh.org.
– Trail of Tears Remembrance Motorcycle Ride, Chattanooga, Tenn. –To remember the plight of the Native American people who were driven from their homes and forced to endure terrible hardships along the way. The ride ends in Florence, Ala. Extended ride ends in Oklahoma. For more information, visit www.trailoftears-remembrance.org or call (877) TOT-TRIP.
– Breast Ride Ever, Morgantown –Show your support for Breast Cancer awareness and put on your pink! Join Triple S Harley-Davidson in the Breast Ride Ever on Sunday, October 2nd. Registration begins at 11AM at Triple S Harley-Davidson, with a cookout following the ride, along with entertainment, raffles, and more! All proceeds benefit the Betty Puskar Breast Care Center at the West Virginia University Hospital. For more information, contact Nicole at (304) 284-8244.
– 2nd Annual Christian Motorcycle Ride, Charles Town — The Asbury United Methodist Church, located in Historic Charles Town WV, will be hosting the 2nd Annual Christian Motorcycle Benefit Ride on Saturday, October 15. The day will begin at 9 a.m. with a pancake breakfast hosted by the United Methodist Men. Ride registration will begin at 10 a.m. and riders will depart at 11 a.m. for a “Wild and Wonderful” scenic 3-hour ride. There is a suggested donation of $15 per motorcycle to cover registration and $5 per person for the pancake breakfast. More information on the event can be found at www.myasburychurch.org or by calling the church office at (304) 725-5513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compiled by the Graffiti staff.
Contact us at email@example.com.