| || |
Weird and wacky
June 6, 2011 - Erin O'Neill
So I hope everyone enjoyed or is enjoying the June issue and has discovered some new events around the state.
Taking the theme a little bit further, the July issue will feature some of the wildest and craziest attractions West Virginia has to offer. From the Hare Krishna palace near Wheeling to the world-famous Mothman statue in Point Pleasant's Gunn Park, there is a whole lot of craziness to be found in the Mountain State.
Aside from these fine and crazy-ass places, there are also some outrageous laws that are still on the books, believe it or not!
For your reading and chucking pleasure, in the state of West Virginia, the following actions are illegal:
• An unmarried couple who live together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.
• When a railroad passes within 1 mile of a community of 100 or more people in it, they must build a station and stop there regularly to pick up and drop off passengers.
• Any person who commits adultery shall be fined at least twenty dollars.
• It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
• A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.
• It is illegal to snooze on a train.
• A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
• For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.
• According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.
• If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
• Roadkill may be taken home for supper.
• Whistling underwater is prohibited.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web